Thursday 23 February 2012

Evaluation of Media Coursework

My Media product uses forms and conventions of real media products as it shares the same layout as many different music magazines that I looked at during my research. I also received many of my ideas from music magazines I found in my research and this helped me to design my front cover, contents page and my double page spread. From looking at a variety of music magazines I could choose the particular theme that I wanted to include in my research; however I was able to receive many ideas from my questionnaire and my target audience. On my front page I knew what to advertise for the magazine and this guided me into what to feature onto the contents page. This then led me to using an interview on my double page spread for my chosen model.
My media product represents particular social groups as the whole design is about the chosen instrument of a piano. This could have a bigger influence on musicians and people that are interested in playing the piano. My music magazine may also represent young teenagers as the model is a young teenager.
The media institution that would be most suitable for my product would be anything to do with music; however the type of music would have to be for a particular instrument such as the piano. This is because my magazine is evolved around the main subject of a piano.
The audience for my product would be teenagers due to the young model and anyone who is interested in piano’s and instruments. I attracted my audience by first of all creating a questionnaire to make sure that what I was planning on doing was going to attract my target audience. I also make sure that I used a young teenager as my model to aim my music magazine at a younger audience. I made the magazine colourful, however I still stuck to one main theme which consisted of red, white and black and my model matched these colours as well which was extremely successful.
By making and planning this product I learnt about different programmes I could use to make my music magazine designs. I found different programmes to edit my photos that I had taken for my designs and I used the internet to research and the website ‘blogger’ to present all my work on.
During the process of creating my product I learnt the different types of programmes I could use, the different angles of camera shots I could use to make my designs look more effective that the basic shots that could have been used. I learnt how to edit my product and how to improve throughout the making of my magazine designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment