Friday 11 November 2011

Introduction to my AS Media Work:

My AS Media coursework consisted of me planning and researching existing magazine front covers, contents pages and double page spreads in order to understand what particular target markets want and how the producers produce this work and present this to their audience so that they can give their consumers what they want and persuade them to buy the products with the particular presentation and what the magazine offers.
Throughout my work, I will make sure that I do a large amount of research so that I know what particular group I want my target audience to be and when I have decided what target audience I would like to aim my products at through many questionnaires and individual primary research I can make my products to suit them and constantly find out what they want to see present in a magazine so I can thouroughly understand what they are interested in in order to buy a magazine.

I began by collecting ideas for my magazine cover by analysing different types of original magazines such as:
- Heat
- Look
- Vogue
- Closer

This helped me to understand what types of elements I needed to include on my personal design of my magazine cover as I knew what sorts of layouts to use.

After analysing original magazine covers I started to look at school magazines as this is what would benefit me due to our task being to design a magazine suitable for school or college students.

  This is the type of magazine cover that I analysed for an original design.


My analysed LOOK magazine: 


1 comment: