Wednesday 16 November 2011

My magazine pages analysed.

Front page: 
When my front page magazine was finished I realised that there was many things that I would repeat if I was asked to do this task again, however there were also many different elements that I would change to this front page design.  I was extremely pleased with the colour scheme as it all when really well together. The reason I chose this specific colour scheme was due to the models lipstick and I made sure I fitted all the colours used around this. I was also pleased with the medium close up shot that I took myself, I found this picture natural and a perfect fit for the type of magazine that I was designing. Another would be the title of the magazine 'BEAVERWOOD' the capitals stand out to the audience and as the title is placed down the side like a strap line it has more effect and is different from most magazines. Next time I done a task like this one I would consider a different uniform for the model, an idea would be a uniform that would match the school that I named this magazine this is because Beaverwood is a realistic school. I would also change the border of '99p' as this is black and is not very noticeable towards the audience. When this magazine page is printed it is hard to notice the '99p' and this is a huge negative as it is a main aspect that the audience needs to know. ( price ) Usually this is one of the first things a reader will look at before buying the magazine. Overall I was very pleased with the outcome of this design.  

Contents page:
I was pleased with the outcome of my contents page but in my own opinion I think I could have made many changes and I preferred my front page design. Some of the things that I like about my contents page are the layout of the pictures and the border around them individually which is present. The red writing goes extremely well with the colour scheme, so my contents page matches the front page and model. Although I would choose to change the type of title that I used, if I were to do this task again I would make the title bigger and bolder by using a different type of font/word art. This way it would also match the title on the front page. I would also change the borders around my text so that they were more bold and stood out to the audience. I would add  a background to make the whole page look more attractive and finished. Overall I personally was pleased with the outcome of this and think it matched my front page to the highest standards that it could have reached. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the colours are successfully reflected across the 2 pages creating a sense of continuity. Some clear evaluation of the effects of your final pieces. Well done

    ReplyDelete