Friday 18 November 2011

Research - Music Magazines.

When I had completed my recent task, I started looking at music magazines. I looked at many different kinds of ones and reflected on the ones in which I enjoyed viewing the most.

Here are some examples:


This particular magazine stood out to me as the colours worked well together so firstly attracted me towards the magazine. I also was intrigued by the words overlapping the different models used. The girl used on the top right pages is wearing exaggerated outfits which matches the colour technique, this works well as she is the main image on the covers and all the attention is drawn towards her. 



This double spread is effective, and I chose this to publish on my blog as an example as it shows a variety of items, such as pictures, writing, a list of gigs and a playlist. This double page includes a lot of information and an impressive layout. 

This music magazine caught my attention due to the popular, well known artist modelling on the front cover. It includes big bold writing and titles as well as strap lines and quotes from inside the magazine. 

This research into magazines helped me into collecting more ideas for my own music magazine designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment