Friday 11 November 2011

More Research

I started researching which types of elements my target audience would want to see in a school or college magazine.

I chose to target my magazine at teenage girls, this is because I could understand types of elements that they would want to see in this particular tpe of magazine as I am around the same age.

I designed a questionaire and these are the questions that I asked:

Media Coursework Questionnaire.
1.   What colour would you prefer for the magazine?
-      Pink
-      Purple
-      Blue
-      Green
-      Black/grey
-      red

2.   What theme would you prefer for the magazine?
-      Summer
-      Winter
-      Autumn          
-      Spring
-      No theme

3.   Which would you prefer in the magazine:
-      Information on clubs
-      Pictures from clubs
-      Information on universities/higher education
-      Exam technique


4.   How big would you like the font?
-      Small
-      Medium
-      Large
-      Extra large

5.   Would you like an update of this particular magazine:
-      Every week
-      Every month
-      During the seasons throughout the school year


6.   Would you like a feedback part where you as a student can participate in the magazine?
-      Yes
-      No

7.   What 3 things would you like to see in the magazine?
-      Charities
-      Clubs
-      School trips
-      Upcoming events
-      News
-      Student questions and answers
-      Teachers comments


8.   Would you want a certain theme for the magazine?
-      Yes
-      No


9.   In the magazine would you like there to be a page of useful websites for education and help?
-      Yes
-      No

10.                What do you want to see in the magazine: ( write below )

I collected my results and took them into consideration during the process of designing my magazine cover. It also gave me a wider range of ideas to use on my design and I included elements of my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment